National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches (NRASTC)
This award is an assessment in practical lifesaving skills that may be needed by anyone teaching or coaching swimming or other programmed activity in a swimming pool.Cheap Jerseys china
It is awarded by Lifesavers, the Royal Lifesaving Society UK (www.lifesavers.org.uk) and endorsed by the Amateur Swimming Association, the Institute of Swimming Teachers and Coaches and the Institute of Sport and Recreation Management.
It is also recognised in “Managing Health and Safety in Swimming Pools” as being appropriate for those supervising swimming pool programmed activities.
– Be aged 16 years or over at the time of assessment
– Be able to swim 20 metres on the front
– Be able to swim 20 metres on the back
– Be able to reach the pool floor. The depth selected must be the same as the pool used during teaching
Recommended Training time:
– Teachers with no previous experience of lifesaving or lifesupport skills – minimum 12 hours
– Teachers with some previous experience – minimum 6 hours
– Teachers renewing the award – minimum 4 hours
The award has three compulsory sections, which may be assessed on separate occasions. These are:
1. Theory – oral or written test
2. Life Support – practical test
3. Water Rescue Test
4. Life Support – Infant CPR – practical test
All sections must be completed within 28 days of the first assessment taking place, and will be assessmed by an independent Trainer/Assessor.